Website Emageia- Sri Lanka
Emageia is an Australian tech company with its back office based in Sri Lanka. We are a Software Development Team, A Managed IT Services Team, and a Creative Design Team together. Emageia looking to expand the tech and designer teams to support to the growing requirements of client needs.
Job Vacancy: Web Developer (WordPress)
Work Week: Monday to Friday
Shift: 8AM – 5PM Sri Lanka Standard Work Shift
Due to the pandemic situation and in the best interest of the health and safty of our team and their loved one’s, Emageia currently operates a work-from-home policy. Unless informed, you will be required to work from home until further notice.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Working with a design team and collaborating together
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
- Minimum 2+ years of proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with wireframing tools, Figma & Adobe XD
- Hand-on experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good communication skills.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received and only the candidates short-listed will be contacted.