Website Emageia- Sri Lanka
Emageia is looking for IT Support Technician to provide enterprise-level technical support for our customers. You will need to properly diagnose and troubleshoot all hardware and desktop application related problems and assist our customers on any technical issues faced.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible in resolving hardware issues, basic network problems, configuring operating systems, supporting business applications and tools using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a diploma / degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Any professional valid Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you are naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Engage with our clients in a friendly, quick and helpful manner
- Respond to and assist end clients directly for all Level 1/2 technical requests.
- Ensure tickets are resolved withing the SLA’s and escalations are attended to on time.
- Follow ITIL standards, and ensure all requests are properly logged and documented on the system.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues client IT infrastructure, software, and applications requests
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problem through to resolution
- Ensure client / technical documentation is well maintained.
- Create and maintain documentation for on-site processes
- Always follow given standard operational procedures (SOP’s).
You should have,
- Ability to solve problems & challenges
- Great communications skills, and should be native-fluent in English
- Good understanding of support tools, techniques and how IT is used to provide services
- Good understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems.
- Advanced diagnosis skills of technical issues related to end-user hardware & software and network devices.
- Basic experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience working with vendors for expedited troubleshooting of hardware and software systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing client experience
- Should possess a Diploma / Degree in Information technology Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior work experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT Support Business is a MUST.
- Hands on knowledge of IT Applications, Software & Hardware
- Experience using enterprise ticketing system such as ManageEngine, Zoho, Fresh service
- Experience handling Technical Service Tickets.
- Experience providing support via remote tools
Due to the large volume of applications, we receive, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received and only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.