Website Emageia- Sri Lanka
Emageia is looking for IT Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will need to properly diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and assist our customers on any technical issues faced.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be responsible in resolving complex network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide remote IT support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus. If you are naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Engage with our clients in a friendly, quick, and helpful manner
- Respond to and assist end clients directly for all Level 1/2 technical requests.
- Ensure tickets are resolved withing the SLA’s and escalations are attended to on time.
- Follow ITIL standards, and ensure all requests are properly logged and documented on the system.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues client IT infrastructure, software, and applications requests
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problem through to resolution
- Ensure client / technical documentation is well maintained.
- Create and maintain documentation for on-site processes
- Always follow Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s).
You should have,
- Ability to solve problems & challenges
- Great communications skills, and should be native-fluent in English
- Advanced understanding of support tools, techniques and how IT is used to provide services
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Advanced experience and knowledge of working with the Microsoft 365 / Azure cloud Platform
- Advanced experience working with vendors for expedited troubleshooting of hardware and software systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing Client Experience
- Should possess a BSC in Information technology Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT Support Business.
- Experience using a Ticketing system / RMM Tool and PSA software
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Experience handling Service Tickets
- Professional IT Certifications such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE, ITIL, ITSM, etc is an added advantage.
Due to the large volume of applications, we receive, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received and only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.