Website Emageia- Sri Lanka
Emageia is an Australian tech company with its back office based in Sri Lanka. We are a Software Development Team, A Managed IT Services Team, and a Creative Design Team together. Emageia looking to expand the tech and designer teams to support to the growing requirements of client needs.
Job Vacancy: IT Hardware Technician
Work Week: Monday to Friday
Shift: 8AM – 5PM Sri Lanka Standard Work Shift
Due to the pandemic situation and in the best interest of the health and safty of our team and their loved one’s, Emageia currently operates a work-from-home policy. Unless informed, you will be required to work from home until further notice.
As a IT Hardware Technician, you will work in a Managed IT Service environment supporting our client on all hardware and software related requests including procurement, installing, configuring, troubleshooting of hardware and software requests, remotely or on site.
- Setting up and installing new hardware and software systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting desktop, laptop, and other hardware device issues
- Maintaining hardware and software by conducting regular maintenance and updates
- Identifying and resolving network, connectivity, and general server issues
- Upgrading firmware, software, and outdated hardware systems
- Monitoring and maintaining security systems and installing updates
- Providing direct technical support to users and resolving technical errors.
- Performing regular tests, upgrades, and backups.
- Working with vendors, repair centres, service agents to coordinate procurement and warranty or hardware repairs.
- Preparing technical documents, such as error, and maintenance reports
- Creating user documents and providing training on new computer systems.
You should have,
- Experience in diagnosis tools, and application for troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Experience in assembling, repairing, upgrading, of desktops and laptop devices
- Experience in installing, upgrading, troubleshooting a wide range of software applications
- Should have had hands on experience in Windows Image Capturing, profile backup and restore.
- Experience in Windows Deployment Services is a must.
- Great communications skills and should be native-fluent in English.
- Experience working with vendors for expedited troubleshooting of hardware and software systems
- Must be able to type quickly and accurately while talking on the phone.
- A deep desire to deliver an amazing Client Experience
- Should possess a Diploma/Higher Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) / IT Support Business.
- Advanced knowledge of IT Applications, Software & Hardware
- Experience using a helpdesk ticketing system
- Experience providing support via remote tools
- Should have a valid motorbike riders license
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received and only the candidates short-listed will be contacted.